Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Storyboek by Jay-Cyn Designs for Birch Fabrics, a Proper Introduction!



We decided it was time for a proper introduction! Storyboek by Jay-Cyn Designs is our upcoming collection for Birch Fabrics 100% Organic. Due this July 2011.

This collection is inspired by my favorite verse from Robert Louis Stevenson's "A Child's Garden of Verses", "Foreign Lands".  A tale that shows how our imaginations can take us on trips near or far, and reminds us of the beauty that lies just before our eyes, in this case from within a cherry tree.

Storyboek, the Dutch spelling is a collection that is near and dear to me, because it's one I've been dreaming of since I was a little girl. I was always fond of tales that included travels to far away places and when I was five I was a dutch girl for Halloween wearing wooden clogs and all. I still have the wooden clogs sitting on a shelf on my desk as a reminder of that day.

My husband, Jason and I designed this collection together, just like Avalon, except Storyboek was all hand drawn first and it took a very long time not only to draw, but then to narrow down the prints, at one point there were more than 20 total! You'll see elements of some of the prints we had to let go of in the cheater prints. It was a lot of fun, because we both took on different elements, so the whole collection really is a compilation of both our efforts.

The group consists of 14 prints, 7 for the girls and  7 for the boys, but the best part is that all 14 prints coordinate perfectly together so that you may quilt with all prints, and in the soft neutral palette there is something for everyone! I can picture a wonderful combination of these prints in a shared room between brother and sister.

We've used the same premium GOTS certified organic cotton, printed with low impact dye that we've used for Beach Mod, Marine, and Avalon. The fabric is so soft and smooth and with a higher thread count than the traditional quilting cottons on the market, for those of you have felt it in person, you know what I mean, it's like butter baby!

We hope you will view this collection as a trip back to those storybooks that you love ever so much and can now share with your little ones too!

If you would like to order Storyboek for your shop please email info@birchfabrics.com and we can email you the order form as it has not been posted on the site yet.

Storyboek will be available in July @ fabricworm.com and thefatquartershop.com so far!




Field Flowers SB-01 Cream





Field Friends SB-05 Coral





Field Friends SB-05 Shroom





Field Stroll Cheater SB-04





Field Stroll Main SB-06 Cream





Woodcut Floral SB-03 Sky




Cobblestone Stripe SB-02 Coral




Bubble Stripe SB-10 Fresh





Gone Fishin' Cheater SB-07





Gone Fishin' Main SB-12 Cream





New School SB-08 Sun





Whale Watch SB-09 Shroom





Whale Watch SB-09 Sky




Seahorses SB-11 Sun

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this!!! This is going on my wish list for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, I am loving these for my grandchild that will be born in Sept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't stand the wait already! What will I do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fabrics, and esp Storyboek. Am having a hard time finding a place online that carries an extensive selection though. Baby due early July ... wish I could get may hands on Storyboek before then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm expecting my first girl after 2 boys and would loooooove to get my hands on these fabrics. Will they be reproduced for fabricworm? There are a few options left, but oh my goodness I would LOVE to have all of the options!

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete