Thursday, January 31, 2013

Eiko by Jay-Cyn Designs

Her'es a sneak peek at our newest collection. Inspired by my late Grandmother, Eiko Kaminaka, comes our Modern take on Japanese flora and fauna "Eiko". While Eiko found herself in the US after the Korean War, she never lost her love for Japan, she and my Grandfather, Joe married after they met at Poppy's my Grandmother's Restaurant, they had a Koi Pond and grew a Japanese garden in their backyard in Santa Maria, Ca where I was raised. My Obaasan (Japanese for Grandma) inspired my love for Japanese artwork, by surrounding me with imagery and photographs of her life in Japan. We introduce Eiko with a great love and respect for her and her pioneer spirit! We miss you dearly, Obaasan. -Jason

Collection pics coming soon
Eiko by Jay-Cyn Designs available Summer 2013!


1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I can't wait to see the line!

    I am also a part Japanese SLO county native. I grew up in Paso, but now live in AG. My grandma lives in Paso and I wish she had more photos of her parents and their life in Japan, but she is almost 94 and pictures weren't as common as they are now :/

    ReplyDelete